Volunteer with WBYA
Our volunteers are the heart and soul of WBYA. We are always looking for enthusiastic folks to help coach, maintain fields and coordinate fun seasons for the kids. If you are interested in helping out or would like more information, please contact email@example.com.
Safety is our number one priority. Thus, ALL volunteers, including anyone working with the kids in a WBYA sponsored activity, are REQUIRED to go through the background screening process. We follow a similar process as the local school districts for our volunteers. Please direct any questions about this process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In accordance with Pennsylvania law (23 Pa. C.S. § 6344.2), WBYA mandates the following clearances for anyone working with children.
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearances (CY113)
- Pennsylvania (State Police) Criminal Record Checks for Employment (SP4-164) / Pennsylvania (State Police) Criminal Record Checks for Volunteers (SP4-164A)
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check or Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers.
- If the volunteer has lived in PA for more than 10 years, they do not need to submit the FBI Criminal Background check. Please complete and submit this Disclosure Statement instead.
- For more information on these clearances, visit http://www.keepkidssafe.pa.gov/resources/clearances/index.htm.
- Once issued, clearances last for 5 years. They will need to be reapplied for upon expiration if necessary.
- Once clearances are obtained, all volunteers are REQUIRED to wear an WBYA issued ID Badge at all WBYA sponsored events. You’ll need to submit a headshot photo to email@example.com for inclusion on your badge.
- If you do not have clearances or need new ones, click here to begin the process - https://wbya.sportngin.com/register/form/666697139
- If you have existing clearances, please click here to submit them - https://wbya.sportngin.com/register/form/990416824
- If you’ve completed this process in the last 5 years, but do not have a badge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain one.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions!